FILMS | SCHEDULE | ABOUT TIFF | EVENTS | SEARCH | SUBMIT FILMS | SPONSORS | PRESS | SHOP | TIBURON FILM SOCIETY | ARCHIVE | PHOTO GALLERY | LODGING | SITEMAP
David L. Brown is an Emmy-nominated San Francisco documentary filmmaker who -- over a 35-year career -- has produced, written and directed over 80 productions and nine broadcast documentaries on social, nuclear, health, environmental, aging, peace and technology issues. His documentaries have received over 75 international awards and have been broadcast on PBS and in sixteen countries. They include:
- The Bridge So Far- A Suspense Story, an hour documentary on the wild and troubled history on the new east span of the New East Span of the S.F. Oakland Bridge.
- Computer Classes, the 56-minute PBS documentary on teens and technology, the first episode in the 2-part Digital Divide series (funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting);
- Surfing for Life, a 56- and 68-minute documentary (featuring Woody Brown) on older surfers as models of healthy aging, that has been broadcast on 150 PBS stations;
- Seniors for Peace, a 27-minute portrait of a remarkable group of senior peace activists;
- Bound by the Wind, an 58- and 88-minute documentary on the nuclear legacy which has won 18 international awards and has been broadcast on PBS, in Canada, England, France, Spain and several other countries;
- A Question of Power, a 58-minute documentary on the nuclear power controversy which received 16 awards and was broadcast twice on public television;
- Free Zone: Democracy Meets the Nuclear Threat, a 58-minute documentary on the international nuclear free zone movement which received 13 awards and was broadcast on public television and in several countries.
Brown has produced three film festivals on nuclear and environmental issues and works in the film industry as a producer, director, editor, cameraman, assistant director and production manager. He has produced several films on the elderly and his recent credits include work as producer/ director or cameraman for Greenpeace USA, the BBC, NBC and CBS News and for several non-profit organizations. He teaches documentary filmmaking at U.C. Berkeley Extension and City College of San Francisco and History of Documentary at Film Arts Foundation.
Click Here To Buy Tickets
Tiburon International Film Festival © 2001-2018. All Rights Reserved
info@TiburonFilmFestival.com | Phone: (415) 251-TIFF 
Online cash advance loans provided by our company – NeedRapidCashMoney.com